Literature Club is a great opportunity for students to discover new books and authors and have fun on a Friday lunchtime!
- To provide a meaningful activity at lunchtimes
- To provide a focus for all boys from year 7-12 who are interested in reading and writing
- To have fun and learn about the world of literature
- To provide enrichment activities that are different to classroom type activities
- Author visits
- Trivia competitions
- Book-buying excursions
- Combined Scotch/MLC Literature Club meetings
- Attending book launches and literature festivals
- Visits from publishers/editors
- Working with illustrators/storytellers
- Pizza lunches
- Writing activities
- Movie nights
- Involvement in special events, like the Scotch Literature Festival
- Literature Club Dinner
Co-ordinator: Ms Angela Morris
Past Literature Club Programs
About The Book of The Year
In 1946 the CBCA established annual book awards to promote books of high literary and artistic quality. These awards are now the most influential and highly respected in Australia.
The annual CBCA Book of the Year Awards aim to:
- promote quality literature for young Australians
- support and encourage a wide range of Australian writers and illustrators of children's books
- celebrate contributions to Australian children's literature
These Awards are for original books published in a given year in print format only. They must be available for purchase in Australia and be written in English. The creators must be Australian citizens or resident in Australia for at least 2 years.
The Children's Book Council of Australia Awards are for books with an implied readership under the age of eighteen.